Amelia Pontes has been doing this thing for the last few weeks called 5 Lessons Learned and 5 Favourites and I really like it as a meditation on the week gone. I might respectfully rip her off and do my own reflection here… and I think it would be awesome if lots of beautiful, self-aware bloggers did it too!
5 Lessons Learned
1. It’s hard to stand up for myself. And that’s ok, I’ve just got to keep practicing.
2. I’m still afraid of rejection and I keep pre-empting rejection. It’s a self fulfilling prophesy!
3. Don’t consult Dr Google. Dr Google got his qualification on the internet.
4. When I get overwhelmed I need to drink some tea and breathe (of course it’s preferable to breathe while making tea) and catch my thoughts and turn them into to-do lists.
5. Write lists all the time.
1. Drinking wine with friends, the opening night audience, cast and crew of [Title of Show] at the Powerhouse. Brisbane has so many lovely moments. They are usually hidden and secret moments and thus are especially rewarding.
2. Parcels! Do I really need to explain further?
3. Crossing things off my list and not being disappointed in myself when I only cross a few things off a day. Achievements are achievements.
4. Comfortable and cute shoes (pictured). They are Softspots, one of the only truly actually comfortable brands of shoes I have ever bought. I’ve gotta look after my feet, with the T1D and all!
5. Hal-coholic and her fantastic shoes that I can never hope to wear. I live vicariously through this blog.
Will you reflect on your 5 lessons learned and 5 favourites? (PSSST: I think you should.)